10 miles
1:28:20
Don't know the exact pace but I believe that's just under a 9 minute mile?
I definitely was a hot sweaty MESS afterwards. I even set up the fan to the side of my tredmill and was STILL SOOO HOT AND SWEATY..YUck!! That would be reason #5432 that I HATE running longer distances INSIDE!!! ALSO, no matter how much body glide I put on my underarms my sports bra ALWAYS rubs sooo much worse inside. I don't think I have a left armpit left after my run today. So OF COURSE after my hair appointment today I HAD TO GO SHOPPING for a new sports bra ;) I went for a ONE THING and came out with a whole new running outfit!! Oops! But I got a good deal. So that makes it ok, right?? Macy's ALWAYS has Nike stuff marked down, and I happened to have a 25% off coupon so a Nike sportsbra, running top, and shorts cost me $62.00 Not bad for Nike!
Tomorrow I am WALKING the March for Babies...Should be interesting! I have never WALKED a 10k (It's going to take FORVER) Maybe that's why I run?! lol. I'm walking with my friends work team whom is a major sponsor of the March for Babies foundation and they are all walking dressed in 80's theme. Won't that be a sight to see! Me, walking 6.2 miles, side ponytail, WITH scrunchie of course, leggings, and leg warmers. Yeah, don't be jealous! haha! I know they probably didn't have Garmins in the 80's but I'm totally rocking mine. I'm super curious how many calories you burn walking a 10k versus running a 10k.. Pictures to come!!!! Maybe...I could be setting myself up for blackmail!!! haha
Sunday is my longest run I'll do in the next two weeks before my marathon....12 miles!!! I'm going to feel a little weird after finishing that one. It sort of makes all this real. 15 days!!!!! Wow! The last 4 months of training have all led up to this!! Did I do enough???? Guess I'll find out!!!
Happy weekend everyone!!!
Quote of the Day
The hardest part of a marathon is getting to the starting line.
Marathons don't start at the starting line. They are almost finished when you get this far. What you will do now is largely preordained by what you did in the months that brought you here. Some runners even call the race itself a "victory lap"
-Joel Henderson
**Thought this was very appropriate for me and where I'm at right now. But all I have to say is that's ONE LONG VICTORY LAP!!!!

Ewwww it snowed here today too! And I have a 10k in the morning so that should make things interesting since snow is STILL in the forecast!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, snow in April is just not ok.. AHHH hopefully it will clear up for your 10k!!! :) I did look in the 7 day forecast here and there is a 70 degree day in there! It's going to feel like a heat wave!
ReplyDeleteRock your 10k!!
I really hope this snow will just go away. Our 20 miler yesterday in the snow wasn't bad... but still. Where the hell is spring??? I need warmer weather NOW!
ReplyDeleteUGH snow!?! Girl that's terrible! Not to rub it in but it was 78 and perfect here during my run today! Speaking of a big thanks for the congrats...I hope your 12 miles went well too, that's awesome!!!
ReplyDelete78 degrees...I would KILL FOR A 78 DEGREE DAY...Although I think it's coming!!! We are supposed to hit 70 this week! I'll take it considering yesterday we just had SNOW!! Run went great!!! :) Thx!!!!
ReplyDeletecute finds! i love the pink top!
ReplyDelete